Monday, November 3, 2008

Patience

When I asked my hubby to post another blog, he said he was waiting for me to post first, I figured I better get on it because I LOVE his writing and want to see him post another!! :)

Here we are at the third trimester of this pregnancy and things are changing for sure.. the beautiful leaves here, my body, our house (we painted little Fiver's nursery), our country (election day tomorrow) as well as my fears of becoming a parent. I was reading something today that reminded me that I don't have to be the kind of parent that I think I SHOULD be (from seeing others parenting well), but I should be the kind of parent that God wants me to be. Great--awesome.. but what does that mean? I don't know right now or have all the answers, but I know what it DOES mean is that I just need to let Him guide Miles and I, pray unceasingly for our parenting and for our children, and go at everything together with Miles. Thus far in life together we have had minimal trials... but we know that as the days, months, and years progress we are bound to experience some whoppers.. I have peace knowing that God will walk through each step with us, and although we are bound to make mistakes, we will not fear for He is with us.

"Trust in the Lord and do good... Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn... Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him" Psalm 37: 3, 5, 7.

This verse gives me comfort that I don't need all the answers today. So I patiently wait and trust...

No comments:

Post a Comment