Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like.. well, you get the idea

Today starts one of my favorite seasons of the year. Ok, it is THE favorite season of the year. Thanksgiving is on Thursday and that means Christmas decorations go up on Friday! (Ok, so we cheated a little and put up our tree on Saturday--but did NOT decorate it yet). I never understand why but I get this anxious/excited feeling every time the Holidays are around. I'm ALL about starting traditions for our family that Miles and I will continue and hope that our children continue throughout their lives as well. We have a Halloween tradition where some weekend night October we make carmel apple cider, pumpkin cookies, carve pumpkins, and watch a Halloween movie (this year was Casper). We are still working out our Christmas traditions, but coffee cake on Christmas morning, getting up REALLY early to open presents, and reading the Christmas Story in the Bible each year are up there.

I have such amazing memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas growing up, and I hope that we can provide those same amazing memories for our children so they experience the same excitment that both Miles and I feel at this time of year. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment