Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Max's First Mommy Date!

You may remember my first post regarding a 'mommy date' that I took with Miles V. If not, here is a reminder. Anyway, since that last post, Miles V and I have been on a few more dates, and now it is Maxwell's turn. Daddy and I decided that I would start this tradition with each boy when they turned 2. I was a few months late with Max, but it was worth the wait. The only rule on the Mommy Dates is that there are no rules. Things that normally aren't allowed (i.e. chocolate milk or juice with dinner) are par for the course. I let the boys choose what they want to do, and we do it.

For Christmas last year, Miles V 'bought' me a giftcard to Applebees, and Max 'bought' me a giftcard to Chili's to use on a future mommy date. We used Miles's about a month before Mason was born when he took me to eat and then we went and made a Build-a-bear for his new brother. I was sad to realize that it was September and I still had Max's gift in my wallet. So this time, I told him we were going to go to Chili's to use the giftcard, and I let him choose what else we did. He wanted to go to McDonald's to play. So, off we went. We went to McD's first, where he ordered an apple juice, and a diet Coke for me, and Max LOVED playing on the toys there. He chatted almost non-stop to me and to the other kids playing.

Here we are on our way out the door:


After awhile he came out and and told me he was done, so off we went to Chili's. 
Here he is at the top of the 'tree' at McDonalds. 


At Chili's, I ordered fajitas, and Max ordered Mac & Cheese, French Fries, & Chocolate Milk (remember, no rules!!). We had fun coloring and talking while we waited for our food, and we took a few silly pictures:




Max wanted dessert, so we ordered the molton oreo chocolate cake. Calories don't count when you are out with your two year old, right?!?!

Daddy had talked to Max about paying for my dinner before we left, so he asked for the giftcard, and handed it to the waiter when he brought the check. It was a precious, wonderful night and I cannot wait until we can do it again!!!! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment