Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Patch, times 2!!!!

Let me start by saying, in case you didn't know, I love fall. :) Being the fact that today is Nov 1 and I heard (gulp) CHRISTMAS music on the radio this morning, I'm clinging to the sights of those beautiful colored leaves and crisp but not cold temps for just a few more weeks. That being said, we've had a glorious fall. One of our favorite things to do in fall is go to the Pumpkin Patch. Last year, Max was too little to really understand, but Miles had a blast and I swear he asked me about once a week for the past year when we could go back. We were going to go this year to a pumpkin patch in Tucson with my sister-in-law and her family, but due to some work commitments we had to change the weekend for our visit and sadly we missed the opportunity to go with them this year. :( But, hopefully we can do it together next year when there are five kids (INCLUDING MY NEW NEICE!!!). Hurray!!!! But I digress. Anyway, two weekends ago we went to McCall's Pumpkin Patch in Moriarty  NM. It is pricey but also worth every penny. It is a pumpkin patch and so much more. Its actually like a little fall carnival and the kids LOVED it. Unfortunately, I woke up early Saturday morning with the stomach flu, and so I spent the day walking from bench to bench and trying not to barf. It was really sad but I also had a blast watching the boys have a blast!!! :) Gma and Gpa Shiver (aka 'PapaGeez') joined us for the day, and, well, lets get right down to the pictures!

Fun in the corn bin! 

Miles leading us through the corn maze

Duck races!!! 




Petting Zoo! 



Boys love slides!!!! 

At McCall's, after you do all the fun stuff, you get to take a hay ride to pick out your pumpkin. This was one of the highlights for the kids! 

So many beautiful choices! 

Mom I want this one! 
 Mace was over it :) 

Our attempt at a family picture!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Our church supports a local organization called the Galloping Grace Youth Ranch which does wonderful things for children with disabilities. Every year, Galloping Grace hosts a FREE Pumpkin Patch, and also a Christmas Corral where they have fun things for the kiddos to do (and a Christmas tree lot)! I've heard great things about their pumpkin patch, but this is the first year we tried it out. My mom and I took the boys there on Monday, and although it is much smaller than McCall's, given the fact that it is free admission and geared for toddlers and preschoolers, they boys loved it equally as much!

More corn bin fun!!

A tractor like Papa's!!! 

The mud cafe. The boys LOVED this place and spent most of our time here 'cooking' for Mimi and I! 



This will be fun to look back on! 


"Mr. Pumpkin Head!"


More duck race fun!

Mace was over it (and in the same outfit!!)--Again!!! 


These slides were cool and kinda slow, so Max loved them, and had a blast coming down on his belly!!! 

My cuties and I going through the hay maze! 

Fun times!!! 

 Yeahaw!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment