Monday, July 29, 2013

Mr. Maxwell is THREE!!

As each child has another birthday I try to grab a hold of the walls and keep time from flying by so quickly!!! These years with so many little boys in my house are going too fast. Miles (my husband) and I were talking yesterday at lunch how now when we go to Costco or run errands, we HAVE helpers (in Miles V and Max) vs. NEEDING helpers. It is amazing how sweet and wonderful and helpful the little boys in my house are!! For example, the other day Miles V was helping me with some cleaning. I felt like I had been asking him to do a lot, so I said: "Buddy, would you mind going and getting the trash from your bathroom?" He said, "Of course not, mom, I will do anything you ask me to do." =)

Today Max turns 3 years old! He told me on Friday that he liked being 2 and wasn't ready to be 3. I think once he comes downstairs and sees the hoards of presents waiting for him, he will be ready!

A few things about Max at 3 years old. He is HILARIOUS. He is always making a funny face, telling a funny story, or just doing something funny to make us laugh. He loves to 'read' books like his big brother. Yesterday, he grabbed the novel I was reading and told me a story. It was the story of Noah. Did you know that on the Ark, when the animals got hungry, Noah made them some delicious pasta, and gave them lots of milk to drink? :)

When I did Max's interview this year, he told me that Miles and Mason were his best friends. As a mom, one of the things I have prayed for most for my children is that they realize that the siblings sitting around our table are their best friends. So far, it seems to be true. Miles and Max are really good buddies. They do fight occasionally, but that is to be expected. For the most part, they play together, look out for each other, and genuinely love each other. And Max is learning to stick up for himself when he needs to which makes me smile.

A few other of Max's favorites: Book? The Hungry Caterpillar. Food? Rice and beans and little corn dogs and tacos. :) Song to sing? Jingle Bells. TV show? Superman. Bible Story? Noah and the Ark (of course). Color? Orange.

There is nothing I don't love about this little boy. Even his stubborn streak about learning his letters is a little endearing. :) We ask a lot of him for a three year old. Way more than we ever asked of Miles V at this age. And Max does it all and takes it in stride. I am SO very proud of him.

I love you, Max!, SO much! Happy Birthday, buddy. I am so excited to celebrate with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment