Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kicking my butt...

Working out. Ugh. Definitely not my favorite thing in the world. Growing up I was always involved in sports, and never had to worry about working out to stay in shape. I love gymnastics and dance, but don't have the opportunity for those things anymore (nor do I think my old body could handle them!). So when college rolled around, my metabolism slowed down (without anyone telling me.. what the heck!?!), I discovered Chipotle. Ahh Chipotle. Pardon my tangent but it seriously is the best place on earth. We used to eat there probably 3 times a week. Not only was it hard on the pocketbook, but one day I looked in the mirror and realized I had two chins. Seriously. And that my pants didn't fit. Um... wait a second! I had heard of the "freshman 15," but no one told me about the "marriage/Chipotle-addicted 30!" So there it was, my first venture into the of working out for no reason but to lose weight. Doing sports was fun for me and never felt like work. The treadmill, elliptical, and weight bench, on the other hand... torture. But I've made a weight loss goal for myself yet again, and so here I go, running every morning while pushing the boys in the stroller, and now working out occasionally with my neighbor.

My neighbor, Trisha and I, tried working out this morning and it started off sort of disastrous, considering we both have two kids. Between the two of us there were four boys.. Caden (4), Jace (20mos), Miles (20mos), and Max (2mos). Play upstairs in Jace and Caden's room? No, that equaled two screaming toddlers. Watch a short movie upstairs in Trisha's room? No, Miles lost interest really fast when he realized it was not Mickey Mouse.. and Jace (who is 10 days older than Miles) soon followed. So they all came back downstairs and played around while we worked out. Trisha's dog, Lady (this tiny little dog), liked to get under our feet.... and between that and the toddlers squishing bananas into the carpet, it was distracting to say the least. BUT I know I got a good workout because a) I can hardly walk I am so sore, and b) I was so tired I needed to lay down when the boys went down today for the first time in a long time.

But, I guess I can feel the pounds melting away--at least I hope it is the pounds and not my muscles just disintegrating from lack of use these past nine months :) I'll keep you posted on how I am doing. I've got the working out "under control", now if I can just avoid the package of brownies that is calling my name from the pantry.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment